Tuesday, February 22, 2005

New Toy

Ok so maybe I was a little jealous of Brad's new phone, but I decided with the wedding coming up and all the planning to be done it was time to start using a palm device again. Now I suppose I could have dug up my old Handspring but it was old bulky, black and white, and didn't have rechargable batteries. So it just seemed like I should get a new Palm. So I am now the proud owner of a Blue Palm Zire 72. Now here is the difference between me as a woman and Brad as a man. When I reached the counter to be assisted with my purchase my first statement was, "I like the Blue One" Brad was disgusted how could I possibly say the Blue one and not ask about the different features of each one first. The simple fact he didn't see was that I had already looked at the features of the blue one and liked it but I was still going to ask about the other models to see which one was best to suit my needs. As luck would have it the Blue one was indeed the one for me. Brad still thinks that is not how you should approach shopping and it is why so many women are taken advantage of when they shop for cars or such. I however believe in getting the stupidity out of the way first so you catch them off guard with the harder questions. Again though this is the difference in our shopping methods.

Other big news is that it looks as if Brad and I finally have a firm date for the wedding. We talked to the Rabbi Friday and again on Sunday and as long as no Bar or Bat mitvots are scheduled for that weekend already we are fine. So without further delay I submit May 21st, 2006 as the day I will become a wife. The other thing that came from meeting with the Rabbi this weekend was that both Brad and I realized what an incredible man Rabbi Maller is and that we are fortunate to have him as our Rabbi. He will be retiring next summer so we will be one of his last weddings and it is so good to know we made it on time. I can't imagine how we will find some one to fill the shoes he is leaving but I have faith that we will find someone with a lot of potential.

This got to be a very busy weekend and I was glad to have 3 days off with Brad. It seems like it has been such a long time since we got to spend that much time together. We also got a lot done this weekend as well as doing our own good deed. Those of you who know us may have heard Brad and I discussing doing drive by Tire changes. We would get a group of friends in pit shirts and have racing jacks, cordless drill, and lug wrench. We would drive up and done the freeway and look for people with flat tires, when we found them we would quickly pull over and jump out of the cars and do a pit crew change of the tire jump back into our cars and drive away leaving the person who had the flat scratching their head wondering what had just happened. It would be hysterical. Well yesterday it almost happened. We were standing outside a friends apartment when we heard a car go by with the all to familiar sound of a flat tire. The man went around the corner and we could no longer see him. A few minutes later a man walk up towards us and was clearly going to talk to us so I said "Are you the guy with the Flat tire?" Everyone was a little bewildered that I guessed that correctly. He asked if he could use our cell phones to call the German AAA. Brad of course jumped at the chance to help someone. He dialed the number and stayed on the line for quite some time while they tried to figure out what to do. AAA was going to charge the man to come out and maybe the German club would reimburse him. We told him to screw it and call the rental car company instead. Brad then walked with the guy across the street and called the rental car company, they too would charge the man to come out and the woman said if it is just a flat why don't you change it yourself? Ok so we all are a little stupid. Of course our friends are racers too and they have their race jack right there and between the 4 of us the tire could be changed much quicker than with AAA. So I drove over Brad's car with the jack and the 3 of us. Brad and our friend jacked up the car in about 30 seconds and in less the 3 minutes the tires were completely change. So now I wonder if this German thinks that all Californians are this nice as well as that good at changing tires. So soon we will stake out a pot whole and have full mechanic service on the other side. I may even serve cookies and milk.

1 comment:

dbwilldo said...

Ok...cool all around! I'm totally diggin' the flat tire changer idea too! Very very cool! And congrats on picking a date for turning Brad into a Mr.!