Saturday, January 07, 2006

Cars, BBQ and comedy what more does a girl need

So today we went to the Los Angeles Car Show and looked at all manner of cars, new, old and concept. We didn't see anything all that special because most manufacturers would rather release stuff at the Detroit Auto Show, but whatever. Brad really likes a concept tricycle from Volkswagon. I took the time to look at all the brands SUV's to use as my new work vehicle. I don't know how much longer I can run a catering business using a compact 4 door car. I am in love with the Nissan Murano and have said for quite awhile that it will be my next car. Today though I looked at the Toyota Rav 4 and it has come along way and I like the way it looks now and the functionality the new ones offer. It is also 10 grand cheaper and as a smaller vehicle it will probally have better gas mileage. So test drives will be in our future. I really like the horse power of the Murano because I am sick of having a car with no oomph. We shall see. After the boys looked at all the cars we went downstairs and looked at the accessories. Well Karin plus holiday money and neat stuff means Karin buys new toy. I live across the street from the grocery store and Target and I don't like driving across the street to get groceries, however it is too heavy for me to carry back. Well the fine people at Zap have solved my problem by making the Zappy3 a motorized scooter that I can put a basket on to carry the groceries back home in. I was very excited about this. Then the guy tells me it is over half off and like many women I couldn't pass up the bargain. So I spent $250 on my little scooter that will be shipped to me this week. So there went my holiday money. We left the auto show and went to this little hole in the wall BBQ stand we know in downtown LA, yummy. Tonight we are off with friends to a comedy club and the friends are driving, life is good.

No comments: