Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Whose hands are these?

So I went and got acrylic nails put on today so that my ugly dumpy hands will look a little better for the photo shoot on Thursday. The thing is that with my nails on I don't recognize my own hand. My fingers look longer and more feminine, perhaps even thinner. It is very weird. The other thing is it is a lot different typing with nails on and I shall have to get used to this. It is so funny now that I have nails on I feel like I should go put on makeup and do my hair and try to resemble an adult female. I struggle with this because I don't think I ever completely grew out of my tomboy phase. Thank goodness Brad didn't want a girlie girl.

SO I think that the UPS man thinks I am totally crazy. This afternoon I was downstairs on my computer when I heard a knock on the door. A knock in the middle of the day only means one thing, we got a package. I run upstairs to answer the door and I see in the ups mans hands a box with my name on it. I scream myyyyyyyyyy shooooooooooooooooooes!!! I am practically bouncing, I take the box from him and sign the form and try to calming tell him that these are my wedding shoes. He nods with a little relief and asks if the wedding is getting close. I tell him yes and let him walk away. I ran to the couch and start to open the box. I was a woman on a mission to see my precious little shoes. I opened the box and they are perfect, even better than they looked online. So I begin to try them on a little nervous about whether or not they would fit, I have a semi wide foot and it isn't always easy to fit into shoes. I slip it onto my foot and look at it, perfection. I am a happy woman I have my entire wedding outfit all done. Go Me!

There really isn't much else to tell you. Well there is one thing that happened today but I am not sure how to take the whole thing so I will leave it alone for now. No matter what the outcome of it is though it really isn't that big of a deal and if I have to go another direction I will. I am sorry for being so cryptic but I may have read the whole situation wrong and if that is the case I don't want to make a big deal about it. No it does not involve anyone who reads my blog so if you are worried I am talking about you rest assured I am not. Have a good day I will blog to you later.

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

I remeber getting all excited when I got my shoes and ress and my vail..oh what fun...and your just like cinderalla, the shoe fits perfectly..haha

I hate fake nails, my nails are long anyway, but tis differnt when the nails are fake, they are much heavier..good luck and I hope oyu dont end up ripping them off..haha

and I am with Kylz..splill it broad:)

Karin said...

Well ok but it is kind of stupid. I had called the guy that cuts Brad's hair, and does any style changes to mine, to ask him to style my hair for the photo shoot. Let me start off by saying I consider him a friend or at least more the a hairstylist. When Brad and I got engaged, his first words were I am coming to the wedding and will do your hair. I usually go with Brad when he gets his hair cut and have brought him different pictures of styles as possible does. So he calls me back and leaves a message on my cell phone saying, "Hey Karin I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I wasn't in all weekend, I don't think I will be available to do your hair on Thursday, but I am really only a cut and color guy anyway and not really a style guy. There are a lot of people out there better than me and I can reccommend someone if you like. But even if I was a style guy I have a doctors appointment that morning on the other side of town and can't be there." Ok so what the F is that all about? He isn't comfortable to style my hair for pictures but he already volunteered to do it for the wedding. The other thing is that I know it is BS because we have seen styles he has done in magazines and he has told us about other ones. So basically I feel like he is trying to get out of doing my hair for the wedding. Honestly this is fine I will find someone local to the wedding who does makeup as well. The thing was it was just kind of odd and caught me off guard. I didn't blog the specifics because as you see it is a long explanation and not that big of a deal I just needed to get some of it out so I could think more clearly what he was getting at.

As far as the nails go, I went to a good manicurist and for the first time that I have ever had acrylics put on they are thin and more natural looking. They aren't that heavy either but they still take some getting used to. OH and yes I felt very cinderella ish, especially since the shoes came from my glass slipper dot com

Karin said...

Yeah basically that is what I decided. Besides my wedding is 400 miles from here and if I find someone local I don't have to pay for his hotel room. Like I said it is really no big deal I just found the whole thing to be strange. In anycase I will find someone else.

eyes_only4him said...

hmm, that does seem kinda fishy...I would get a new "hair guy"...

Kathryn said...

I would be interested in what your fiance has to say about the IP address thing. E-mail me at recoveringstraightgirl@verizon.net if you don't mind?

Karin said...

An ip address is your computers internet signature. It is a way to trace your actions back to you. RSG I have to ask Brad to give me specifics and I will email them to you when I get them. Thanks for coming by and expect an email before the end of the weekend.

Karin said...

ok I posted for you Kylz. I shall send you a secret soon, I am still trying to think of something that I wouldn't just openly share, in other words I want it to be good a juicy. We kept checking up on you becasue you posted some intense stuff and then the next post was that you needed a little time and not to give up on you. We were just illustrating our lack of giving up. Thanks for kicking my butt though.