Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shopping

Today Brad and I went shopping for clothes for our engagement pictures on Thursday. I went to a great store called Torrid and found so many very cute clothes. Brad was so patient and critiqued each outfit and we left with several new things for me that I will be able to wear for the photos and other prewedding stuff. Normally when I have to shop for clothes it is a very long ordeal and Brad is ready to commit harry carey before we find something. Today I was the easy one because we went to Torrid first. Then we had to go and find stuff for Brad that coordinated with what I had already bought. We went to several more stores and then found what we wanted at Old Navy. We are going to be so stylin.

Brad is so funny, he keeps me laughing all day. Sometimes it is the silly little things like looking the wrong direction when a neighbors garage door opens, but most the time it is because Brad is like a real life Jack Tripper. He will be washing his car and drops the hose and squirts himself or the neighbor standing near by. He will lose his glasses for weeks and then find them when he goes to wash his car again and sits his other pair of glasses on top of them. We will go to a comedy club and Brad will have a second drink and then lose control of his hands and send his drink flying. I am a lucky girl, because he understands why I am laughing my butt off and won't be hurt by it. I am also lucky because his klutzy moments never take me down with him.

There are times when I get very annoyed or uptight with Brad, I wonder if the little things will ever change. The thing is do I really want him to change the annoying little things? You see in all the big things Brad is exactly who I wished he would be. He rides the rollercoaster of my life and emotions with me, sitting side by side still silently holding my hand. When I feel ugly he tells me how pretty I am. When I am lonely he sits by my side or we go out together with friends. When I need to go shopping he goes with me. In all these things he is my hero and champion, so the question remains would I notice and appreciate all these things if there wasn't the little things that remind me he is human. In anycase though sometimes I may gripe like any good woman does, I am very lucky, and I love my man.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

men dont change, what he does now to irritate you, he will be doing in 50 years from now..enjoy..HAHA

The Q said...

I think you answered your own question.

"I wonder if the little things will ever change. The thing is do I really want him to change the annoying little things?"

With your very last statement

"I am very lucky, and I love my man."

As long as you always see things and feel that way, I have no doubt you will be happy.

Besides, I used to have the BIGGEST crush on John Ritter! I thought his Jack Tripper character was so funny as a kid. That right there would me me enjoy being around Brad :-) So yah, you're lucky!

But I'm pretty sure he also feels like a pretty lucky guy himself!

pack of 2 said...

that is so cool.

Shelly

Karin said...

Thanks everyone, It is amazing what a weekend and a good mate will due to change your disposition. I am a lucky girl because I do have a great man and good friends. I know that I didn't say it but honestly I think I am about as bad as Brad when it comes to the Jack Tripper department. By the way does that reference date all of us? Oh and yes d I did say shopping, I thought about you as I was buying something cause it was 50% off.