Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Security Blanket

Ok so here it is my sad little confession: I have had the same pillow since about 1990 and I don't go anywhere with out it. It is a feather pillow and over all these years it has seen better days. It is barely a pillow anymore and I can squish it into the smallest of bags. None the less it is my pillow and I can not sleep without it. Brad thinks it is very funny that I am so attached to my sad little pillow and teases me about it regularly. Well I know it is time to get rid of it and get a new pillow that resembles something like a pillow. I thought I would ease into the process by registering for new pillows and hopefully sometime before the wedding someone would get them for us. So I dragged Brad to Macy's to add to our registry. Once there I found Calvin Klein duck down pillows on clearance for 9.99 so of course we bought them instead of adding them to the registry. So when we got home Friday night I was all excited about the new pillows and so I stripped the pillow cases off all the old pillows including my precious and put the new pillows on the bed. I knew I would have a night or two of restless sleep but I thought I would then get over it and be able to sleep. So I put the old pillows in the protective plastic casing the new pillows came in and put them up on the highest shelf in the closet so I can't reach them. All this I think was a good plan in theory, however it is now Wednesday and I haven't had a restful nights sleep since last Thursday. Brad says I should just get precious down from the closet and get a good nights sleep but I think that that will just make adjusting to the new pillow even harder. SO now I am thinking about taking something like Tylenol PM. I have never taken a sleeping aide other than Nyquil so I don't know if it will even work but the fact is I am getting desperate. I need some sleep. I miss my stupid little near pillow. Ok so now that you all have read this you will know how truly immature I am. Anyway I need some sleep, let us all hope that tonight is the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, sleep is so much more important than what a pillow looks like..go get the ladder and rescue that old faithful!!
KFMIL

The Q said...

Wow, yah I know what you mean about sleep. I don't sleep well most nights but if I had a secret weapon like "Precious" I'd be tempted to go get her.

On the other hand, if you truly want to get OVER "Precious" then I think you're doing the right thing.

I'm so un-helpful it's scary, huh? ;-)

eyes_only4him said...

get ole precious out...keep both pillows on the bed...then take some sleeping pills and have a damn good nights sleep..

I have to take prescription sleep aides to sleep at night..NOT FUN..

good luck and get some sleep there lady

Karin said...

well I guess I am going to have to do something because I tried again last night and still no sleep. Thanks for all your advice we will see tonight if the Tylenol will do the trick without Precious.