Thursday, January 05, 2006

Waiter I will take another shot

So I didn't make it to the store to buy the much needed drugs so I went with an alternative measure. I had some drinks. Ok they were smoretini's I had left over from New Years and I really drank them so I could watch dancing with the stars. Ok I am sorry if you like the show but it was slow painful torture for me to watch but you see I had to watch because my hero was on the show. You see I love Jerry Rice, I think he is the greatest man to ever play football and I loved to see him play. I could go on and on about my long term love of Jerry Rice but I think you get the point. I really am not the hugest football fan but I watch it when it is on and I get very animated while I watch which annoys the heck out of Brad. So when I saw that my hero was on Dancing with the stars I was a little saddened but I had to watch to make sure he didn't make a fool out of himself. He did really well and so now I can walk away and never watch that show again. Good Luck Jerry but if I have to watch one more episode I think I will have to put red hot pokers in my eyes.

My parents went out to dinner tonight and found the company we will hire to BBQ our wedding. I am very happy that this is one more detail of the whole wedding that is done because it means one less thing to worry about. I am not kidding this whole wedding thing is stressful. Every time I think we are ok I am reminded of something else that has to be taken care of. I wish the wedding would just get here already so that whatever is done is done and what is not we do without. I guess the main problem is that I anyways thought that I would have lots of girlfriends around that would be thrilled to help me do all this stuff, but the reality of the situation is all my close friends live far away and so I feel like I am doing everything by myself. On the other hand I am lucky because I can talk to Brad about the wedding stuff and he tries to help where he can but it isn't how I thought it would be and I feel so alone and empty searching companies on the internet and making long distance phone calls trying to find out if they are the right company. I just feel so frustrated and lonely. I really only have myself to blame because I could have made friends by now here but I never bothered. It is funny to me that in our daily life Brad was always enough for me but when I go to marry him I crave my girlfriends to deal with the wedding. Ok I am probably going to regret this post in the morning but I suppose this is what you get with alcohol and no sleep in a week.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Thank you guys so much, I know I am really lucky and that it will be a great day no matter what. I am just feeling a little sad because all my girlfriends live so far away. It is hard planning a wedding 400 miles from where you live. The other thing is giving up on the things that you had dreamed your wedding would be because it just isn't practicle, or someone is totally against it. I guess the reality of the situation isn't that I don't have help but more that I don't have the girlfriends here to giggle with and look at pictures and run ideas off of.It just isn't the same over the phone.

eyes_only4him said...

ok,
who the hell is jerry rice?
watching that would of been very painful...I am sorry you went thru all that..

Karin said...

Jerry Rice was a receiver for the San Francisco 49ers and then onto the Raiders until he retired at the beginning of this season. He is widely known as the best player to ever play football not just as a receiver. I have loved him since his rookie year when I was in like junior high and I watched football with my dad. So there you have it there is who my hero is in a very small nutshell. Yes it was painfull but we all do things that pain us.