Saturday, January 21, 2006

Things are Rosy

So I talked to my mom this morning and MaKayla was released from the hospital this morning and is back home. She is doing great and they feel she will be fine. This is apparently a very common fracture of the skull called a ping pong fracture. The hospital in Tampa was awful and they were made to stand in a hall waiting for medical attention for 4 hours after they arrived by ambulance. My brother is writing a stern letter to the powers that be about the conditions of that hospital and how unsanitary it was. A man was bleeding in the hall and a nurse came by and wiped the blood up with a piece of gauze and no cleaning product was used on the area. In short the hospital was not one I would want to be at. Once they got to the pediatrics things were a lot better and MaKayla got the care she needed. They will have to have x-rays done in 2 weeks to make sure she is heeling ok but it all looks good. Thank you all for your prayers for her.

When they got home they got a call from the hospital in their town. It seems as though there is a Medical that MaKayla and Megan qualify for and that they will pick up the tab for all the expenses of yesterdays emergency. This is not the first time that MaKayla has had to visit the hospital in her 7 short months of life and every time in the past when they asked about getting coverage they were told no and my brother has paid for the bills. They are all very relieved that they have found a solution and that the baby is now covered. I still can't believe the grown up circumstances Megan has had to face in the last 30 hours. I can't tell you what a relief it is that Megan is not going to have to pay off all of these medical bills.

In other completely not relate news, I love this whole wedding present thing. It is so exciting to go into the living room and look onto the patio and see a package I didn't know was coming. Yesterday I looked out and there was a big box and on the side it said it was a Meat slicer. I was so excited. This was the thing I registered for that I wanted the most and that it came now before I have all the catered lunches in march is perfect. You see it is a meat slicer like they use at deli's to slice thin sandwich meat. I just happened to have a smoked pork shoulder in the refrigerator that I need to slice and freeze that I had procrastinated slicing. SO I hooked the thing up and sliced all the pork shoulder. It was great. I am so going out today and buying a big thing of meat to slice for sandwiches at home. Brad's aunt and uncle are the greatest. Don't get me wrong I have loved all the other gifts we have received, but this was the thing I wanted the most that I had registered for.

Thank you all again for all your well wishes and prayers. I have never seen something answered so quickly before. You guys are great and I love all of you.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up!! There sure is strength in numbers!!
Love,
Sandy aka KFMIL