Friday, January 06, 2006

Caution Bridezilla prone to frequent violent mood swings

Ok so I am a little wedding detailed out right now. My Mom made a innocent demand that we not serve hard alcohol at the wedding only beer and wine and I lost my nut. I started crying uncontrollably because she didn't think we needed hard alcohol. The funny thing is I don't even care about the alcohol, and I would only be drinking wine anyway. I also understand her point that the added expense and logistics of having a full bar really aren't worth it but for some reason this little demand is what today sent me over the deep end. What a little whiney baby this wedding has reduced me too, why can I not be rational? Ok so in the end I agreed with my mom and no hard alcohol will be served but a couple of bottles of rum will be held in the bar area for the few people who can't partake in the wine or beer but do like rum, you know who you are.

Yesterday I was set off by a very innocent email asking about the progress of the chupa. I know that it was sent in the kindest and most loving of matters by my fmil but again I lost my nut and I think that the email I responded back in wasn't very well worded. I will say that I lost my nut on this one not so much because of the question but because this is Brad's project and it seems that all the things Brad is suppose to take care of have to happen with a lot of nagging and I am just not up to the task any longer. I am sorry honey I know you are reading this but you know you are having problems following through with things. I suppose though I need to go back to my fmil and apologize for losing my nut in the return email.

So all in all I would guess that this weeks blogs have really been about the desperate search for the return of my nut, and a strong glue to keep it in place. I am not sure anymore what kind of nut I used to have so that might be a problem.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Ok it is a little later in the day and I am doing much better now. I think I just need to think before I react but it is hard to do sometimes especially with Mom's. She has a way of reverting me back to the snotty little teenager that will fight for the sake of fighting and not for the cause. Whe all is said and done I know she was right I was just a little shocked at how adament she got so quickly. I talked with a friend today who got married last summer and she lost her nut over the band playing YMCA with her Dad, I now feel better.

The Q said...

Karin, I can't even offer any advise. I got married at my parent's house, with 30 people in attendance (that INCLUDED the Hubs and myself). Heh, since the age of 11 I had said "I'm NEVER getting married!!" so when it turned out that I changed my mind, I had about a month to put it together. It was perfect for non-wedding gal like myself!

However, I have been involved in my best friend's HUGE, EXTRAVAGANT, ELABORATE wedding and I know she lost a nut here or there. But in the end, the wedding was AMAZING and she and her hubby were so pleased.

From all the weddings I've attended, I don't think I remembered the little things but more the whole atmosphere and the mood of happiness that surrounded the bride and groom.

Hang in there! It WILL be ok :-)

Have a great weekend!!

Karin said...

Thank you guys. Kylz I know I am just freaking out but I am so afraid of becoming a bridezilla that I freak out about that too. soozieq- you see I never wanted the big elaborate wedding I wanted the small and casual wedding at my parents and it is just turning into a much bigger thing than I ever imagined. On the other hand I am glad that there are so many people who want to be a part of our day that I couldn't imagine leaving anyone out. So I suppose it is the battling of myself that is causing me to lose my nut.