Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sometimes I think it would have been easier to elope

So I waited and waited for Brad to take care of booking the rehearsal dinner because it was his job. We found where we wanted to have it and it would have been ideal in many ways. Brad called and left them a message the day after Christmas and they called him and left with a message in return. Then he ignored the whole thing. So this weekend I took it out of his hands and called myself. I left a message for the lady in charge of big groups and she called back today. She just booked that day and if Brad had returned the call in December we would have gotten the place. I am annoyed. So now we are scrambling trying to find a place that will hold 100 people. We will see what we can do.

So I started to write this and Brad came home and we went out to dinner. While we were out my regular client called and asked me to cater tomorrow and do data entry in the afternoon. I already had promised the Temple this evening that I would help them out tomorrow morning so I guess now I will be doing both. I am a crazy woman. So I frantically ran to the grocery store and bought the stuff I need to do a deli platter for tomorrow. I will be running non stop. This client called yesterday at 4:45 and booked me for today and Thursday. I need the money so I am taking the jobs, but geez people a little warning. So if I don't respond to you all don't be hurt I will talk more on Friday if nothing else books. I guess I may be able to buy Brad's wedding ring afterall.

This weekend we had friends over and played games. I love games especially card games like Uno. I should say for the record I have mad skills in the card department and I very rarely lose. It has always been like this and so I brothers and cousins never liked playing with me. One time when I was like 6 my family was trying to teach me poker. I looked at my hand and asked my grandma, "Ma what does it me if you have Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten of all the same suite?" My cousin who was the oldest, I was the youngest, threw his cards across the room and yelled "She has a royal flush and doesn't even now what it is, unflipping believable!" I have never lost this luck. So the friends that came over didn't know about my gift in card games and so they brought over a new card game for us to play. I can't remember the name of it, but I ruled it. I so completely dominated the game that everyone else's levels combined where still lower than mine. I guess they may have thought that this was a fluke and another card game was suggested called worst case scenario. We all played but again I won. I think they now see that I dominate in card games. Unfortunately this usually means they will never play with me again. So do any of you think you have what it takes to beat me?

1 comment:

Sandy said...

No worries..all is taken care of for the non-rehearsal (more like a celebration dinner)!! All of this happens for a reason, we don;t always know what that reason is when it is happening..but have faith that all will be wonderful!!
And I've arranged a Martini bar as well!!
Love
Sandy aka MOM aka KFMIL